Tuesday, October 30, 2007
I have cracked the code on the cable panel for the Wildflower Cardigan! I can't wait to knit up a swatch to see if it's right.
Of course I couldn't wait to start the cardigan itself so after some rough sketches and gauge-number crunching, I cast on for the ribbing (which I lengthened from the original cardigan) this weekend. I'm now two rows into the stockinette. I made some changes about where the cable panel starts too. Actually, I made changes all over the place for this thing...
Unfortunately, my design skills aren't too polished. Only after knitting like ten rows of ribbing that I should have had an uneven number of stitches in order to end up with the stockinette part of the ribbing next to the buttonband on both sides. Oh well, live and learn, I guess. I'll deal with it later, I think. I'd just frog it, but I used the absolutely awesome tubular cast-on and that's a lot of freaking work for a sweater-sized cast-on!
My dad's socks are also trucking along: I'm at the toe on the first one.