Thursday, January 13, 2005

it has been so busy lately! mainly with work but home and dealing with my son's school has taken a lot of time lately too. i have gotten quite a bit farther on my ribby cardi but after all the commotion at work i haven't really been in the mood to sit in front of my computer and post, put up pics, or anything. but i have a solution: post pics at work! only because i have some time after completing my entire "to do" list for the third day in a row.

so here are some updates:

earflap hat goes in the disaster pile. i figured out where i went wrong but i don't think i'll be attempting this one again until i learn the art of dpn's or maybe circulars. i accidently doubled the amount of room i would need for the front of the hat and it turned out GIGANTIC. it might be hard to tell in the picture but, trust me, it was waaay too huge. oh, who am i kidding, you can totally tell in the picture; but it's when having it on my head that you get the full effect. my son and i pulled it out and i'm now planning a 1x1 ribbed beanie to match my scarf instead.

gigantic earflap hat


the scarf it was meant to match


ribby cardi is going great! in the above picture you can see the two fronts but there is another picture below just because i'm so proud. i've now also completed the back and am almost halfway up both sleeves (knitting them together). my only concern is that the colors aren't going to look as great together as i thought. the blue is just so cool and the brown that i chose is very warm and dark. we'll see how they look when i'm done and if i don't like it, i guess i can always knit new sleeves.

ribby cardi fronts


i've also begrudgingly started another pair of fingerless gloves. i plan to breeze through the four pairs i owe and possibly never make them again. or at least not for a long time.

tonight: i knit! hopefully to finish my sleeves.

0 comments:

 
TNB