Time Out

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Some of you may have noticed my early summer break here. It started because I wasn't knitting much. My dad had given me a new lawn mower, a "real" one much louder, heavier, and stinkier than my beloved rotary mower. The mower worked fine but something about it caused some pretty bad wrist pain. I used it again this weekend, trying to be careful about how I moved my hand but the pain is back. Stupid wrists.

So that's what started the break from knitting, hence the break from my blog. Then last week my grandpa had another respiratory "event", as the doctors call it, and this time there were more complications and he passed away on Friday. He was ready and had prepared for the possibility in the previous weeks but it is still a difficult time for all of us.

Since I'm still not knitting much and not really in the knit-blogging mood you can expect another bout of silence here but hopefully I'll be back fairly soon. Kurt will be taking on the duty of mowing the front and very back lawns with the new mower and I'll take the middle once I sharpen the blades on the rotary. We'll both take time to remember grandpa and get back into the swing of our own lives and meet you back here in awhile.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. And your wrists. Take some time for yourself, drink some wine, eat some chocolate, chase some bunnies out of the garden...

Anonymous said...

And we'll be wating for you.

You are in my thoughts.

Cathi said...

I am so sorry, Katie. We'll be thinking of you, and ready to read whenever you're ready to post.

xo

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. That's very sad. I hope you are taking good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP blondes cunt genuine nissan accessories about are people saying what yasmin yasmin said in incorporation nevada wife in lingerie photos my travel Toad car alarm cheshire directory anti depressant medications Surveillance cameras in school

 
TNB