Breaking into Spring

Sunday, March 15, 2009

We're doing some spring cleaning today... it's not very fun but I will feel much better when the house is cleaner and a little more presentable because...  Jenna and Brian are coming to visit on Tuesday!!  I'm very excited.  We're going to have a potluck with some other knitters and hang out and catch up.


Here's what I'm currently knitting:


Notice the non-Circle of Friendship-ness of it.  That pattern looked really bad with this yarn so it became a plain Jane stockinette sock. Also, sorry for the crappy picture but Kurt took the digital camera to camp and it hasn't made its way back yet (he thinks he left it in the vehicle on the way home).  I loved the pooling of this yarn in my swatch but it didn't transfer to the sock.  The only way I can see to get it back would be to knit something with a very small circumference (like a baby bootie or circular swatch) and this yarn is meant for me so that's not happening.  I will just have to deal.

My sister was visiting this weekend so I lengthened the thumbs on her mittens last night while we tried to get her hooked on Firefly.  Then today I ordered yarn for her hat.

That's all the fiber news for this week.  It's my spring break so I'm hoping to get in some knitting time somewhere in between my studying and catching up with homework time.  I may also paint the bathroom.  We'll see on that last.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope spring isn't too tough on you guys. I've been hearing about all the flood warnings. Eeek! We can't wait to come to GF tomorrow. Should we bring anything? I'm interviewing someone for my master's project at 3pm, so we should be to your place around 5:30 I think. Brian is staying with Justin again. Can't wait to see you!

 
TNB