Meeeeeme

Friday, August 17, 2007

Since most of this week was spent in cars and hospitals (my mom had a procedure, she's fine) and then at a daytime baseball game I had a lot of knitting time. I ended up finishing a whole sock! In one week! I haven't taken a picture yet but it looks just like my last Stripey Sock, so it's nothing really new. I also got a few more rows in on the puff-sleeved cardigan. It's excruciating to just knit 300+ stitches in one row though so it's going very slowly.

Luckily for me, I've been tagged for a meme by Gena so I have some blog fodder for a Friday afternoon.

I think I've probably done this one in the past but I don't remember answering all these questions so I'll do it again anyway.

Four jobs I have had:


1. Record store clerk. Yes, I was one of the snobby ones. I tried to be nice but when people would come in and want to know what CD that song was from, you know, on the radio? It goes like this? And the video has these birds in it and a guy dancing on a thing? I just couldn’t help but get a little annoyed.

2. Assistant librarian. That’s actually a glorified title. I loved working in the library though.

3. Lab technician – QA for McDonald’s French fries. Talk about a yummy job. I actually really enjoyed this job. It was interesting if a little monotonous and since we had to run tests every half hour, I was always busy and the nights went fast.

4. Americorps VISTA. This one is actually cheating a little bit. I WAS a VISTA but I did my service here where I live and didn’t travel off to some other part of the country. I did basically the same job I do now – they hired me after my service was done.

Four places I have lived:

1. Tiny town about an hour north of where I live now.

2. I spent about four years growing up, ages 7-11, I think, in Rosamond, CA. I liked it there but was okay with moving back to North Dakota as well.

3. My formative years (junior high and high school) were spent in a slightly larger town than my hometown – about 5,000 people. I hated it there and I hate going back to visit but it’s where I’m from.

4. Now I live in a small city of about 50-65,000 people. Just my size. I’ve moved away once as an adult, to Washington state, and loved it there but ended up back here and I’m totally cool with that.

Favorite Food:

1. My homemade Phad Thai. It isn’t authentic but it is freaking delicious.

2. Chocolate. Depending on my mood of the day it could be candy chocolate (PB Twix), ice cream chocolate (Ben and Jerry’s Half Baked), or good old chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting.

3. Homemade bread. Yum. Especially just from the oven with some butter or toasted for breakfast.

4. Pasta. Particularly homemade pasta (is there a theme running through my list?) with a garlic cream sauce.

I would rather be:

1. At my dad’s farm, just hanging out.

2. Sitting on my porch, drinking beer and knitting.

3. In Italy! Where I’ve never been but have always wanted to go.

4. Anywhere but here, and on vacation.


I can't think of who to tag because everyone I think of I kind of think has done it already. Jenna? Big Geek Beth? Cathi Pink?

Have great weekends everyone!

2 comments:

Gena said...

Oh, I totally would have been a snobby music store clerk. I'm a bit of a music snob anyway!

Anonymous said...

I think I am meme'd out, but thanks for the offer!

big geek beth

 
TNB