Done, done, and done

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yay! I finished the sweater, sewing on the buttons, on Saturday at our local Worldwide KIP Day. It was fun to hang out in the beautiful sunshine, meet knitters, and finish projects. I also finished two more pairs of baby bootees and a dishcloth. But on to the FO details of the day!



Pattern: Elizabeth Bennett Cabled Cardigan
Yarn: Cascade Cloud 9 in bright green (#115)
Needles: US 4, circulars, US 3, circulars (for button band)
Mods: I cut this beast in half and lengthened it because I have a super-long torso and I also lengthened the sleeves for my gorilla arms. Everything else was as the pattern was written.



And here is a close-up of the cables and the gorgeous buttons that Gena sent me. I love them! They are so delicate and perfect for the sweater. Thanks again, Gena! More FO pictures on my Ravelry.

I'm re-knitting the first pair of bootees because my perfectionist self can't leave the flubbed straps the way they are... and yesterday I found out ANOTHER friend of mine is expecting so there will be one more pair of bootees before I'm done. Pictures of all of them soon!

3 comments:

Gena said...

Woah! It looks fantastic! Like, my jaw dropped and everything. The color is great, and you got it the perfect length. I always have to lengthen things too, especially for my arms.

Anonymous said...

its GORGEOUS! WOW!
You did a fantastic job!

Well done!!!!!!

Hip Hip Hooray!

I'll stop now...
big geek beth

Marlena said...

Cute! I wasn't sold on that pattern when I got the book, but yours looks much more casual. Love it!

 
TNB