So Far, So Good

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Mystery Stole keeps chugging along. I really didn't think I'd be able to keep up with my lofty goals (half a chart per day = ~2 hours knitting time) but I haven't missed one yet.



The real question is whether I can get ahead enough to make up for the day I'll miss when I go out of town on Saturday to a non-Mystery Stole-friendly event (only because I'll be visiting, not because it's not knitting friendly!) I'd also like to make sure it's pointed out that this is LAST year's Mystery Stole: the Swan Lake one, the asymmetrical winged one that I'm knitting symmetrically by knitting the first four clues twice.

Since my friend Jenna went off and moved to Duluth, the land of prettiness, my friend Courtney and I realized we were going to be shit out of luck if we needed to wind any yarn since she had been our resident ball winder and swift person. So we teamed up and I bought a ball winder and she a swift.



The ball winder doesn't seem like the sturdiest one in the world but it was only $28 at Joann.com, which I thought was a pretty decent deal. I'll try it out tonight and see if it falls apart.

0 comments:

 
TNB