Stranded

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Already posted pics on Ravelry but certainly don't want to forget about the blog.



Pattern: Cat Mittens
Yarn: Dalegarn Baby Ull
Needles: US 3 DPNs
Mods: Used US 3 needles instead of the recommended US 2.

I love these mittens! And I love doing stranded colorwork! I can't wait to start my Little Birds sweater but it seems that everyone else in the world is planning to make it as well because so many yarn stores online are out of the colors required. When I ordered, the site I ordered from said they had them in but I soon got an email saying they were out and waiting for more on its way from the UK. Should be here in a week or so.



Pattern: Elephante
Yarn: Scraps from Jenna. Thanks again, Jenna!
Needles: US 4 DPNs
Mods: Changed the striping, added a short row in the trunk to curve it up, and made the head much smaller because I was running out of yarn.

When I got to Duluth on our mini-vacation, I realized I had forgotten my knitting box at home... with my beads and beading crochet hook in it for the Mystery Stole. With nothing to knit on, Jenna tossed her stash and found me some scraps and I started Elephante. Today we're going to bring him to his new owner, little baby Grady who was born on 8/8/08.

While I wait for Little Bird's yarn I'm working on the Mystery Stole. Damn I hate that thing. I hate knitting with laceweight yarn and I would just frog it if I didn't have this stupid sense of needing to finish it. I will conquer this stupid thing! I've set up a schedule to follow so I can finish it before school starts next week, we'll see if I can follow it.

Almost forgot! My friend Courtney and I knit on Ice Cream Cozies while watching the Olympic Gymnastic All-Around last Thursday. I tried mine out with some Phish Food on Friday and it worked great: kept my fingers from freezing.



Pattern: Ice Cream Cozy
Yarn: Cascade Fixation, Lavendar
Needles: US 7 DPNs
Mods: None.

0 comments:

 
TNB