Back to school, back to socks

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

During my Chicago trip I did get some time to knit, on the plane and otherwise. I even met a lady who told me she was knitting a sock with the same yarn and even in the same color as mine. She was regretting not bringing it along for the conference. I learned that she was doing hers top down on two circulars, which seems interesting but I can't imagine you can try it on as easily as you can with the toe-up. That was the biggest plus about toe-up for me. We also talked about how to know when to stop one sock and start on the other. I thought I could weigh the yarn and when I got close to 50 grams I could bind off and start the next but she thought it had to be done by yards. I'm still uncertain of how the pair will come out but I did try the weighing, leaving myself quite a bit of leeway. The second sock is just a few inches past the toe, and I'm scrambling to finish my secret project in time for the Knitty deadline, so it may be awhile before I find out if it worked. Meanwhile though, here are a couple of terrible pictures of the sock.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yes, that's me with my feet up at work again but I'm on my lunch break this time so it's okay! I was hoping to knit on the sock during my lunch break but all this hurry-up to get done knitting on the other project the past few nights has really worn my wrist out. So I decided to knit blog instead... though that's about just as bad on the wrist so I'm about done here too. Time to twiddle my thumbs for 15 minutes...

0 comments:

 
TNB