Post like no one is watching...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Currently listening to: Oneida - The Wedding

This week has already been draining. I swear I had two Mondays in a row and I just want it to be Friday so Kurt and I can eat popcorn and watch Star Wars for our Friday Night Movie Night. Sooo tired.

But I have finally taken some new pictures. Definite progress has been done since the last ones too! Here are my beautiful socks:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Size US1 needles (homemade)
Sockotta yarn, can't remember the color's name
Wendy's Generic Toe-up pattern
I can't believe how much yarn I have left! Maybe I'll take a picture of that later.

The only problem I had with these socks was, well okay a couple problems. One was the pooling of the colors. In the pic you can see all the white on the bottom of my foot and the foot on the messy coffee table shows how weird stripey it got. I knew I wasn't a fan of varegated yarn in the first place but this just looks funny. The other problem was some minor difficulties with learning short rows. I have a couple little holes on the first one but I'm not too worried since they're pretty non-existant in the second one. Just needed to pick up another extra stitch in between.

Also, I'm not 100% positive I'm doing the short rows right. When I get back to the wrapped stitches I move the actual stitch to the right needle, pick up the wraps with the left and then pop the stitch back to the left and knit (or purl) the whole mess together. Just looks a little more raised and holey than I thought it would, I guess.

With all that said: I ADORE the toe-up pattern. I easily memorized the little formula and can start a pair of socks without even looking at the sheet. As evidenced by this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My grandmother's Christmas socks. Every year she buys all the kids and grandkids and great-grandkids socks so I thought it would be awesome to knit her a pair for herself. She totally deserves them. I'm using Lorna's Laces and it has been a dream to work with. I love it.

Last, but not least is the Eyelet Ribbed Top (Sweater??) which I've recently renamed Lara for the yarn she's made out of. I thought this would be a UFO forever but decided to pick it up the other night and get the sleeves on. It's made me appreciate straight wood needles even more. I hate, hate, hate, these Susan Bates circs! They're the slipperiest needles in the world. And this shirt is probably going to be the worst thing I've ever knit... it looks too short, too small, and too not my style. But here it is. All I have left is the yoke.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now if only I could get used to posting a few short posts a week instead of one or two gigantic ones...

0 comments:

 
TNB