Correlation between shoe size and feet length

Friday, September 23, 2005

Current listening: Modest Mouse - Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks

Never in my life had I thought about this before. It actually surprises me because I know so many useless facts and research every tiny question I have about things but I guess this one just hadn't come up until last week. My sister casually got some info out of my grandma about her foot size (8 in women's) and width (wider than average) so I thought I was all set to go. I figured I wear about a 9.5 so her feet must be... smaller than mine? Duh, Katie. So I looked up a chart and found this but I just couldn't believe that her feet are only .5" smaller than mine! I mean jeez, she's a size 8! I'm a 9.5!

So I did a little research. I had the girls over at the Punk Knitters LJ group measure their feet and give their input. Thankfully, their evidence confirmed that the chart was right. As did my supervisor measuring her feet at the office for me... She now thinks I'm the most random person she knows. First thing in the morning, here's me: "What shoe size do you wear? Oh, could you trace and measure your feet for me?"

And, of course, since I'm so impatient and always cross my fingers and hope things will work out: I had already done the heel of the sock with my general guessing measurements which makes the foot of the sock approximately .75-1" too small. So I spent 10 minutes of my lunch hour frogging the heel. Not so bad, I mean, it's not like I *don't like* working the heel - it's fun! So that's what I'll be doing tonight during Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

0 comments:

 
TNB